- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- egg replacer (equivalent to 1 egg)
- 1 cup rice or soy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Mix all dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, mix all the egg replacer, milk and maple syrup until it is a nice smooth mixture.
4. Combine the dry ingredients into the egg, milk and syrup mixture.
5. Gently fold the blueberries in.
6. Either grease a muffin baking tray or place muffin cups in a tray and spoon the batter into each cup, filling the cups 2/3 full.
7. Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes (Don’t forget to use a skewer to check that they are finished, it should come out clean).
8. Place on a cooling rack and it shouldn’t be too long until you can enjoy them!