One of the most uncomfortable, annoying and unfortunately common pregnancy symptoms is heartburn. Luckily, it is completely harmless, but that doesn’t mean you don’t want to avoid it. So below you will find a list of foods which are known to reduce the frequency and intensity of heartburn. We suggest trying to put some of these foods into your pregnancy diet if you are suffering from heartburn, because they could help.
Foods that fight heartburn:
- Oatmeal (a healthy and nutritious breakfast with a lot of fibre).
- Ginger (it can be tea, cookies or natural).
- Fennel (which can spruce up a salad).
- Aloe vera (check your local health or nature store).
- Roots and greens (including: broccoli, cauliflower, beans).
- Parsley (which is a great seasoning or addition to a salad).
- Bananas (which also alleviate leg cramps)
- Chicken and turkey
- Fish and seafood
- Couscous and rice
There really is an endless list of healthy and delicious foods which fight heartburn, so feel free to mix it up. Watching your pregnancy diet to avoid heartburn doesn’t mean it has to be dull and boring!