- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain rolls, baguettes or pita breads (it’s your choice!)
1. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
2. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve on either whole grain rolls, baguettes or pita breads and garnish with tomatoes, lettuce and/or cucumber.
You can keep the garbanzo bean sandwich filling stored in your fridge for 2-3 days, but remember mums mayonnaise left out of the fridge for too long is bad news, so be careful.