You may be wondering why you should participate in childbirth classes with your partner when there is so much information available in books and online explaining the entire process of labour and birth.
However, there are many pros to these classes, every pregnant woman is eligible to participate in them and most of them are free via the NHS. Here are the reasons why you should take advantage of these free classes.
Reasons to take childbirth classes
- To learn about the signs and symptoms of labour
- To get a clear understanding of normal childbirth procedures
- To learn the techniques for coping with pain
- To find out your options for pain relief during labour
- To receive advice on how your partner can help you during labour
- To know when is the right time to call your doctor or midwife
You won’t just be learning about the childbirth process, but you will also get the chance to meet other future parents with whom you can socialise and discuss your pregnancy experience. Also, with childbirth classes you will have a professional available to answer any questions and queries you may have.
Find out about the different classes available here. Which one will you go for?