- 1 large onion
- 5 medium-sized carrots
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of natural soy milk
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons of dried dill)
1. Finely dice the onion, carrots and peeled sweet potato.
2. On medium to high heat, saute the diced vegetables in the olive oil until the onions become browned.
3. Transfer the vegetables into a large pot in which you will make the soup.
4. Add the soy milk and vegetable broth to the pot and stir well.
5. Cook on medium heat, until sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
6. Add the dill (and as usual ladies, add any other herbs and spices that you enjoy cooking with).
7. Simmer on a low heat for a few minutes and once you’re ready remove the pot from the flame and serve.
Feel free to dip some whole grain pitas or rolls into your soup. Also, you can store the soup in your fridge for about 2 or 3 days and just reheat it on the stovetop when you want a quick meal.